Shipping and Returns
Our goal is to provide you with high quality products for you and your dog in a timely and affordable manner. Sit Happens Dog Training is happy to offer you flat rate shipping rates and FREE SHIPPING for qualifying orders, all over Canada and the U.S.! Contact Jeff@SitHappensDogTraining.com for international orders.
We will ship your order either Canada Post Expedited Mail or UPS depending on the best service to your area. When you place items in your shopping cart and place your order, it calculates the shipping cost based on the table below. Sorry, we do not accept C.O.D. shipments.
|Pre-Tax Order Value CDN $||Shipping Cost (CDN $)|
|Pre-Tax Order Value U.S. $||Shipping Cost (U.S. $)|
Sit Happens Dog Training is not responsible for any additional tax or duties incurred for U.S. and International shipping. These taxes and duties are the responsibility of the customer.
Electronic, oversized and specialty items may have special shipping rates that are not inclusive of the above shipping table. If an item has special shipping rates these will be noted on the product page.
We ship to Canada and the US. If you are not located in Canada or the US please contact us for a shipping quote. Please note we cannot ship items to a PO Box number.
When will my items ship?
In stock items usually ship within 48 hours of receipt of order.
Shipping Estimates from Time of Shipment:
Estimated shipping times for Canadian orders using Canada Post Expedited Mail will be between 7 - 14 business days (although remote areas may take longer).
U.S. and International orders take approximately 7 – 15 business days to arrive.
Shipping time does NOT include Saturday, Sunday, or any Statutory Holidays. We do our best to have your order to you within 14 days but please note that Sit Happens Dog Training has no control over delivery day or delivery time, once the parcel is turned over to the carrier.
If you require quicker delivery – we can ship next-day or 2-day or 3-day service via UPS. Please mention this in the comments box in the checkout phase of your order. We will contact you for your permission to charge your card for the additional shipping charges.
We try to maintain accurate stock levels but in the rare case that we are out of stock you will be notified by an email with your choice of cancelling your order, having the item shipped when back in stock, or cancelling your order with an email notification when the item is back in stock.
Does free shipping apply to all items?
Sit Happens Dog Training offers Free Shipping on orders over $175 before tax. Electronic, oversized and specialty items may have special shipping rates and do not qualify for Free Shipping. If an item has special shipping rates these will be noted on the product page. We reserve the right to change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time.
Will I be able to track my shipment?
Tracking numbers are assigned to packages at our warehouse, and will be emailed to you along with your order information. It is possible that it may take up to 48 hours or longer before the package is checked into the carrier's tracking system. This means that even though your package has left our warehouse, the carrier may not be able to provide any information about your package for up to 48 hours or more.
My order is late, what can I do about it?
If you are having any problems with your order, please check the order status in your account. If the item is showing as shipped, you can track your package with Canada Post or UPS using the tracking number provided. If you require additional information or assistance please contact us.
What happens if a package is returned to you because it is undeliverable?
Every once in a while, we will have a package returned to us because it was undeliverable. When this occurs, we will issue a full refund for the price of the product plus taxes. Unfortunately shipping and handling, insurance, packaging and postage fees will not be refunded.
Why would a package be returned to you as undeliverable?
We can receive packages as undeliverable for the following reasons:
- Incorrect address information.
- Failed delivery attempts or the item was not picked up from the local courier outlet within 5 business days.
- Refused by the recipient.
- We do not deliver to Post Office Box addresses.
If you have any questions regarding Sit Happens Dog Training shipping or returns please do not hesitate to contact us at Jeff@SitHappensDogTraining.com.
Any parcel returned for the following reasons; Refused, Unclaimed, Invalid Address, Unknown Address, or Insufficient Address will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee of the entire purchase price, less shipping fees. Shipping & handling, insurance, packaging and postage fees will not be refunded.
All Canadian customers are required to pay 5% GST. All BC residents pay 12% HST, Ontario residents pay 13% HST, and Maritime provinces pay 15% HST.
U.S. and International orders do not pay any sales tax.
Sit Happens Dog Training does its best to pick product from around the world that meets our highest level of quality standards. We check every item for quality assurance before shipping to make sure there are no manufacturer defects. If in any case you are not satisfied with your online purchase, Sit Happens Dog Training will happily return or exchange your purchase within 14 days of receipt. Below are the general guidelines for the Sit Happens Dog Training return policy to help make your return or exchange easier.
We are happy to accept returns as long as the following conditions are met:
- Refunds and exchanges are given within 14 days of original order shipment date, accompanied by the original packing slip.
- All refunds require that the item be returned in the original packaging, with all pieces and in original condition.
- Return item must be in new/resale condition unless returning an item received damaged.
- Refunds will be applied to the credit card that was used to purchase the item.
- When a packing slip is not provided, refunds for merchandise will be given at the discretion of Sit Happens Dog Training.
- All sale items are final sale and are exempt from this return policy unless the item was received damaged.
- All returns require a Returns Authorizaton Number. Please contact us at Jeff@SitHappensDogTraining.com for a Returns Authorization Number.
Items excluded from Return Policy:
- Doggie damage - we do not issue refunds for returned merchandise and cannot honor exchanges or credit for any merchandise that has been used, or is not in its original condition. We are not responsible for any damage that is caused by your dog to any of the merchandise.
- Sale Items - all "Sale" items are considered non-refundable and are final sales.
- Treats - due to health and safety concerns these items are final sale and non-refundable.
- Toys - age and type of breed plays an important role in a dog's chewing and playing habits, we cannot guarantee that any toy that we sell will withstand your dog's level of chewing aggression. Therefore, toys are not returnable.
- Carriers, beds, blankets and dens - due to health and safety concerns, we can not accept returns on these items.
Please note: We are not responsible for any returned packages lost in shipping. If a returned item becomes lost, it is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the post office to recover their loss for their merchandise (Sit Happens Dog Training is not affiliated with the post office). We always recommend you have your package "tracked" when shipping to avoid any disappointments!
Please note you will be required to pay the shipping cost to return the item when sending by mail if the item is not damaged/defective. If you are returning an item because it is damaged or defective, you will be refunded the price of the item, taxes and any applicable shipping costs once we receive the item.
Refunds may be given only when the return of merchandise is made within 14 days of the order shipment date. Final sale items are not eligible for return or exchange.
All returns will be subject to the terms and conditions of this return policy (the "Return Policy").
Please follow these steps when returning items purchased online at Sit Happens Dog Training:
- Pack product in its original packaging so that it will not be damaged during the shipping process.
- Contact us to obtain a Returns Authorization Code. Note: Return packages will not be accepted without an Authorization Code.
- Include a copy of the original packing slip along with your product.
- Please send the product via a method that can be tracked, i.e. UPS or Canada Post. We cannot process your return until your product has been received. Please keep the tracking number provided by the carrier in the event that the package does not arrive back to us.
- A copy of your confirmation email can be used to confirm the method of original payment.
What is refunded if I am returning a damaged or defective item?
If you are returning an item because it is damaged or defective, you will be refunded the price of the item, taxes and any applicable shipping costs once we receive the item. Please note that in order to receive a refund for the shipping cost of the item, you must contact our customer service before returning the item to us.
When and how is my refund processed?
If you return the item and you are entitled to a refund, your refund will be processed approximately 7 to 10 business days from the date of receipt of your returned item. The refund will be credited to the credit card that was used to purchase the item. You will receive an email advising you that your refund has been processed and what amount has been credited back to your credit card. You may be able to track the status of your return via the carrier that you selected using the tracking number provided by the carrier when returning the item.
What is refunded when I return an item?
When you return an item you will be refunded the price of the item and any applicable taxes. Original shipping charges will not be refunded except under limited circumstances, as outlined below.
- Error in Shipment by Sit Happens Dog Training.
- Damaged/defective item.
My package has been returned, but the refund is not showing on my credit card?
Please contact us by email at Jeff@SitHappensDogTraining.com to confirm that your package has been received at our Returns Centre. You will need to provide the return waybill number and name of the carrier used when returning the item, in order for our Customer Service Centre to investigate.
Investigations into delayed or lost shipments with carriers may take up to 15 business days to complete. We will notify you when the package has been located or the matter resolved.
I've lost my packing slip, how do I return my item?
If you ordered an item that you want to return but can't find the packing slip, you can still return it by contacting Sit Happens Dog Training by email. You will be asked to provide the relevant information from your account to verify your identity.
Some of the products that are sold on the Sit Happens Dog Training website come with a manufacturer's warranty. For additional information on the manufacturer's warranty for a specific product, contact the manufacturer directly.
We go out of our way every day to make sure that you and your dog are very happy with us, and enjoy your shopping experience here. We are available to help you no matter what the question, suggestion, compliment, or problem may be. Choose any of the convenient methods on our contact page to reach us.
In order to determine the best clothing fit for your dog, please measure using a soft measuring tape or use a string and measure against a ruler.
- Neck - not tight, please allow for some natural movement
- Girth - measure just behind forelegs, this measurement is very important when selecting proper clothing fit
- Length - from the base of neck to base of tail
Please refer to each individual product's size chart when selecting size. If your dog’s measurement falls in between two sizes, we recommend you select the larger size. Your dog's comfort is important to us! Please do not hesitate to contact us at Jeff@SitHappensDogTraining.com if you have any questions or concerns about sizing.
To determine the proper muzzle size for your dog:
Length - measure your dog from the eyes to the tip of his/her nose.
Circumference - measure just below the dogs eyes at the widest part and go all the way around the snout.
Small dogs add a 1/4"to 1/2" and Large dogs add 1 1/2" to 1" to the circumference.
|3 1/4"||X||8 1/2"||L||2|
|Medium Dogs||3 1/2"||X||10 1/4"||S||3|
|Doberman||4 3/4"||X||10 1/2"||M||1/1|
|Boxer||3 1/4"||X||12 1/2"||M||3/1|
|3 1/2"||X||13 3/4"||L||3/2|
|Rottweiler||4 1/4"||X||15 1/4"||M||2/1|
|German Shepherd||4 1/2"||X||14 1/4"||M||5|
|St. Bernard||5 1/4"||X||15 1/2"||M||1/3|
|Big Dogs||5 3/4"||X||16 1/2"||S||6/2|
Thank you for visiting Sit Happens Dog Training. Your privacy is important to us. We ensure that we will never disclose your email address, photos or any personal information to any other parties, for any reason whatsoever.